For the first time in history, it’s possible to be finished therapy in a matter of days or weeks, not months or years.
Island EMDR is the only chain in Canada offering accelerated therapy.
Some of the benefits include:
- Reduced symptoms between sessions
- Same-session resolution of difficult memories
- Reduced risk of treatment being interrupted by crises or major life events
- Less time spent on session’s beginnings and endings, which means more progress per hour
- Getting it done all at once means the problems don’t drag on and on. Why not choose to feel better now?
The therapist can come to you, or sessions can be conducted over the Internet.
Even for local clients, the same benefits of accelerated therapy apply; so much gets done so quickly.
Multi-hour sessions instead of weekly sessions will help you heal and feel better, so you can live a life you love.
Weekly sessions are also available, since accelerated therapy is not suitable for everyone.
If accelerated therapy is right for you, you’ll spend full consecutive days with a single therapist, during which time you’ll be that therapist’s only client.
We understand that the need for help can be urgent, so we’ll help you to start feeling better right at the first session.
What Happens in Accelerated Therapy?
- A typical day is from 9am-5pm, with an hour-long break for lunch, and other breaks as needed.
- The therapist will take your history, discuss your current situation, and find out your hopes and goals.
- You then might do guided visualizations, coping skills and stabilization, and/or strategies and problem-solving.
- When you and your therapist agree you’re ready, you’ll start working through the trauma and loss memories, to reconsolidate and process them, often in chronological order from earliest to most recent. This usually takes between one and three days, and sometimes longer.
- Next, you’ll work with your therapist to develop and practice strategies and coping skills for anticipated challenges in life.
- Finally, you’ll plan a check-in for down the road, to make sure you’re still on track, with the option to do more therapy as needed.
If you are considering accelerated therapy, call or email us today for a consultation to see if it’s right for you.
Since therapy, it’s been green lights all the way. No more surprises… just good to be back and feeling like myself again. Thank you.
– Client Mr. W.P.